• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

750w psu modular also why full modular?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jollyriffic

Registered
so the important question is
What 750w modular psu would you recommend if also trying to save money?

i'll be running an i7-3770k, 7950, dual sticks of 4gb ddr3, 2x 7200rpm hard drives, single ssd, (storage may increase down the road) and plan on overclocking.

thus far i have been looking at the hx750

what i don't get is the full modular, you'll need to plug in those cables anyways so what is the point in them? they don't even look better than the standard modular ones with their wire netting around them..

further more, since i don't, and will never use my isp email, could someone check if there are any modular ones in the 750 range via the sales forum, please?

also feel free to go off topic here. i want to be able to reply to the vape thread in the general section but since i dont have enough posts, i cant. :bang head seems kind of odd that a general section would be locked down to number post.. would figure that posting images would be blocked before that *shrugs*.

i get the point about semi-modular just not full.
only see a benifit in full modular to make it easier when you want to sleeve them with paracord or something else.

i'd like a seasonic one, but right now for my ps3, xbox, pc all in one water cooled build, i can only afford about 85$.. doubt i'll find anything quality in that range.. also waiting on some google adsence money. not sure when it will drop into the bank though. could be after i verify the bank account or could wait till the end of the month.

even with watercooling the gpu, cpu, *both overclocked*, and water cooling the xbox + ps3?
at any given time only the pc + xbox OR pc + ps3, would be on at the same time.
i stream my gaming on twitch so i sometimes need to run both to do so.

was planning on using the Swiftech MCP655 with 2x 140.2 rads, pretty sure a single 655 pump would work but not sure since i'm no liquid cooling guru.

500w would be fine with overclocking and running pumps.

7950 TDP 200W+ i7-3770k TDP 77w and the rest of the system 70w= 347w overcloking +100w= 447w

Last edited:
Back