• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a MSI GT60 0ne w/ GTX680m - gaming notebook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGoat Eater

Registered
I just got the GT60 0ne w/ GTX 680m and I am really in awe of it. I have had only mid entry level notebooks int the past and they haven't been anything great. This one has good build quality, feels nice and solid during use, and is suited nice for gaming. The Steelseries keyboard built into it feels great, much more of a solid feel when typing and gaming. Not to mention that the customization ability of the led back-lights give it a nice fun feel. The audio is actually good, as I am usually a headphone person I am finding myself gaming with Spotify cranked up through the onboard speakers. The screen is 1920x1080 and @ 15" it is very sharp and looks great, even when text is small it is crisp and clean. I Have enjoyed my time gaming with it over the weekend. I played WoW for a few hours and loved that I could tune the settings to look great with good framerates. I love the screen for gaming, though I found that I had to increase text size in WoW to actually read it easily as it was nice and readable but insanely small lol. I will be trying more games over the coming days and will be running a few benchmarks to see how it fares. Does anyone else have one - or used one? Interested in what you think and if there are recommendations for gaming on laptops? Like good packable headsets, good small gaming mice, and the like.

May I ask where you bought it and how much you paid for it?

What are the temps while gaming? xoticpc.com posted a thorough review of this laptop, but it was a 670m version, not the 680m. I know the 680m is equivalent to a 670 GTX (desktop), which is enough for all games out there, so I was wondering what the temps were with that specific video card.

Also, what CPU does it have?

I know I have an MSI Force 1761 (a little older with a GTX 580m, still kicks a$$ though, won't run Metro 2033 at all its highest settings ... :*( )

and MSI laptops build quality is amazing. I just wish I would've waited for the 600m's

well now I've seen laptop vendors showcasing models with the newer nVidia 700m series. KNowing nvidia, the first iterations will likely be re-branded 600m series gpus.

Either way great GPUs.

Very nice looks just like mine just without the branding and all of those stickers Q_Q hope you enjoy it. Did you try the turbofan yet? How loud is yours? Mine is really tolerable

turbofan is not bad at all, an with gaming while using headphones or speakers I don't notice it. If it is running by itself without ambient noise its very noticeable, yet not annoying which is very nice

i hope you used a cash back click through website like bigcrumbs so you can get a percentage of it back. 1800 is a lot. personally id go with xoticpc.com to build your beast. a lot of models if not all have the ability for you to upgrade the graphics card down the road.

I have a MSI notebook and DX 11 does not work well it has artifacts so I did a RMA we will see if they fixed it.

I love it even more after not being able to use it a lot while I was sick. I decided to just get it this way so that I can do my own upgrading an support ;). I am aware that I could have gotten a customized one, but after a long drawn out daydreaming session I wanted to do it myself. I am kicking around upgrades in my mind, though it might be a while as I need to shop for a new car. I think because of that I am going to limit myself to only a big single SSD.

Found a $100 rebate form for those looking at GT60 0ne w/ GTX 680m and some of the GT70 models for the US
covers from Feb 1 - Feb 28th
UPCs in the PDF
products:
GT60 0NE-249US
GT60 0NE-403US
GT70 0NC-008US
GT70 0NC-012US
GT70 0ND-204US
GT70 0ND-491US
GT70 0NE-446US
GT70 0NE-452US
The PDF for the rebate < my google docs

Just a bit of tests for now - I can do better with a win 7 benching image no doubt :D

3dmarkgt600ne403us.jpg

p6884.jpg

Back