• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Traded in my iPhone 4 for Nexus 4 - Mistake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hellohappy22

Registered
Hi guys!

I am not a big phone an, just use it for calls, texts and social networking etc. I sold my iPhone 4 today and purchased a 8GB Google Nexus 4.

I and still trying to work out if ts was a mistake? iPhone have always had a good reputation but just felt like a change. Also I see people talking about the Nexus 5 around May time this year, and don't want to buy a phone that will be out dated in 4 months.

Opinions? also does anyone have the Nexus 4?

Your nexus 4 wont be outdated cause the new nexus 5 is out .... this is an apple thing brain wach that you had ;)

A Nexus 4 is an excellent phone with alot of power for all the things you need. I actually still run an old motorolla phone, im swaping it in the next 6month and ill probably take something similar to what you have. I also have a 10inch android tablet, an Asus transformr TF101 32gb, the first gen. Alot of newer and better tablet came out but for what i do with it ... its not outdated in my mind :)

I've had a Nexus 4 for about two months now and I love it. Coming from an iPhone the 4in screen will appear huge, but you will get used to it and love it. The screen is awesome, 720p videos look amazing.

I think it's an upgrade for sure!
Iphone 4 is single core CPU with 512MB ram, the Nexus 4 is rocking a quad core and 2GB ram isn't it? (not too sure since haven't looked it up)
but these new phones are almost overpowering small netbooks lol

Hope you enjoy Android and if you ever do change your mind about 'just' using the phone, XDA forums should have tonnes of support especially for your phone with custom ROMs and other goodies :thup:

Dont worry about the Nexus being outdated in May, Google I/O will probably bring the release of the Nexus 7 Predecessor and the 5th Gen. Nexus will be releases in December Like it has been.

You made a great choice in phone IMO :thup:

I just went from an iphone 4 to a nexus 4 as well. Its different for sure, but I love the power and freedom (freedom more from droid). If you only really make phone calls and check facebook your medium doesn't really matter IMO.

If you don't need LTE, I think the Nexus 4 is one of the best phones available. My wife loves hers. If I wasn't so happy with my Galaxy nexus I would get another one.

Its the first phone we have had that is so loud you have to turn the volume down! I went with the 16GB though. We take a lot of pics and vids.

Ive been rocking a Nexus 4 for a little over a month now...best phone Ive ever owned. With that, Ive never had an iPhone, but most of my friends and family do. For the most part, youll find the same apps on both platforms.

Back