• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Parts in the mail (thanks for your help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Hey guys! Thanks to your help and information I ordered everything I need for my first setup! I'm very excited to get started.

Asrock Extreme 4 Z77
Corsair Vengence 8GB (2x4) 1600
Phantom 410 (black) mid tower
Corsair TX850 power supply
Thermaltake Spinq Vt Heatsink
6 red led fans
Gigabyte Amd Radeon 7970 1000MHZ
I5 3570 (No O.C)
Arctic silver 5
Samsung 840 128GB SSD

(Everything is in the mail and on the way.)

I researched the heck out of all the components and feel very comfortable with there quality and believe i'll be able to put everything together.

The only thing I was hoping to get more feedback on is the mobo. Via reviews (and your recommendations) it sounded awesome. It does seem to be the mobo of choice within a reasonable price point. Does anyone have any personal experience with it? Most of the reviews were A+ but there were a few complaining about it being smaller then an average atx board and a little on the flimsy side.

Is there any special precautions I should take while installing it? I figured i'd install everything I could into the mobo before even putting it into the case.

Also... For a heat sink I ordered Thermaltake CLP0554 80mm Sleeve CPU Cooler it's measurements are...

120.1 (L) x 120.1 (W) x 159 (H) mm

The height of the heat sink leaves roughly 10mm of clearance for my case but I was curious about the width... I got a hold of TigerDirect tech support and they said it'd be fine but I wanted to ask you guys

Thank you!!!

Hey,

you should check out this thread for how to build a computer: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638619
It's been a while since I build my rig, as far as I remember there is not much except for the CPU / RAM you can install before installing the MoBo. Depending on the position of the screws you might install your CPU cooler before mounting the MoBo.

If your parts are there and you have questions, feel free to ask!
As for the Asrock Extreme 4, I don't own it but from what I read here I'd buy it for my next build without thinking twice.
I didn't participate in your thread but Im sure when you suggested that cooler with your RAM someone will have checked if the cooler fits the RAM heatsinks (if this was your question regarding the width).

Back