• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new vid card... sound is acting up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Hey guys,

Just installed my new gpu, sapphire 7970... everything went in just fine... had to fix the overscan in the options... no biggie!

then I noticed there's no sound?

if I plug into the audio jack I get sound to my headset... but i'm not getting sound from my tv.

I have my video card via hdmi into my 1080p tv. I do get audio but ONLY from the audiojack not the hdmi.

I set the tv as default device... but nothing!

also I notice a quick purple splash on the screen when booting up. I installed the drivers via disc then went onto there website and installed the newest drivers. before doing al of this I deleted my old drivers first.

also the colors seem a little dim to me. might be my imagination because it's set to 32bit but i'm not sure. this is the first amd card I've ever owned. up until now it's been all NVidia.

You will have to set the audio to the HDMI from your system. Should be able to from the speaker icon bottom right

You may have to disable the onboard sound in the BIOS

in catalyst it's saying "your display does not support audio"

it leaves me with the option of speakers or realtek

I don't mind jacking an audio cable into the tv for sound... I just want to make sure I don't have a defective card... or nothing serious. i'm guessing it just something in the software that needs to be tweek'd on my end

Try selecting speakers. If you have a HDMI connection your tv should get a signal

i'm going to uninstall realtek audio I read it can conflict with amd... fingers crossed it works lets see...

audio is fixed! screen rez looks perfect... last "concern" I have is this real quick purple flash when I boot up. I never noticed it before. is that anything to be concerned about?

I went into heaven and did some benchmarking... everything looks awesome! fps is great, temp is under 60c

computer seems to be running superb!

Last edited:
are you using an hdmi port built into the card, or are you using an adapter from dvi? if so you have to use the dvi-hdmi adapter specifically for that card or no sound. also have to be sure its plugged in the correct dvi port. i dont remember which one off of the top of my head, just try both.

I got her working now! hdmi port straight to tv.

I deleted my integrated graphics "intel hd graphics driver" before in stalled amd drivers... I just noticed it's back! is that normal? : /

update... I deleted integrated graphics driver and it stayed gone!

BUT when I run heaven benchmark at the end it shows intel hd graphics / my 7970

is that normal? (the driver for intel is gone... so confused why it's showing up)

thanks!

Last edited:
Back