• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI OC'd GTX 680 vs. a single GTX Titan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oenigmaa

Registered
As the title says, and my sig, I have 2x SLI EVGA Superclocked 680's, and was wondering if it is worth selling both of those, and saving up the money for a single Titan. Has anyone compared performance, or have a similar situation as me?

Thanks in advance :)
~ Dan

Looks through the Titan reviews, the 680 SLI outperforms it

1080p, 680 SLI all the way.

Surround, a titan could be usefull since the 2gb 680 on a 256bit bus is limiting the setup. 4gb 680 wont really help that much at surround, only help to raise few IQ settings but not that much on FPS.

1080p, 680 SLI all the way.

Surround, a titan could be usefull since the 2gb 680 on a 256bit bus is limiting the setup. 4gb 680 wont really help that much at surround, only help to raise few IQ settings but not that much on FPS.

In what benchmarks is the GTX 680 2GB limiting or is it just your opinion.

Here is my proof the GTX 680 2GB is doing fine 5760x1200.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6774/nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-part-2-titans-performance-unveiled/12

I think to many people are caught up in this memory bandwidth and amount crap and don't let the gaming benchmarks speak for them selves.;)

I run surround for more than 5 years now, i think i kind of know what it takes to run surround.

I really simple and popular exemple is BF4. SLI GTX 670 or 680 2gb or 4gb SLI will cap out at pretty much the same settings to remain playable, not choppy. ULTRA and 2x MSAA. Sinlge of both card at 5760x1080 wont allow MSAA. ( notice that anandtech are using FXAA at 5760x1080, not MSAA ). I'm sure a Titan can handle 4x MSAA at 5760x1080 while 680 4gb SLI wont, the game become a little choppy. If the 680/70 were 320+bit and 3gb, i'm sure they could have nuked AMD away when it comes to surround.

Surround need more than a good GPU, it also need a very strong memory bus and a good amount of memory to be able to max out recent games. Newer games may need even more. + a single GPU is alwais better than 2 cause you will never ever fall into multiGPU scaling issue in few titles.

EDIT : OP, Wait a little bit, a Titan LE is at the next door. ~650-750$ 2304sp 5gb on 320bit.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for information guys. Currently I'm just running 1920x1080 120hz, and that's suiting my needs just fine :)

I agree. Go for GTX 680 SLI. SLI is much better than it used to be and now you don't really notice any micro-stuttering as before.

If I went with a Titan I'd get 2 to make it worthwhile and you'd have one of the fastest gaming computers in the world.

SLI 680s will run any game out right now at great frame-rates but it's small 2GB frame-buffer could shorten the 680's lifespan before the GPU itself becomes obsolete.:drool:

I would not worry about it I'm playing with GTX 570 1.2GB with new games just fine.

There are allot of the PCs out there with only 1GB vram the gaming manufactures have not cut them off this year or next.

Back