• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T New Build Specv- Advice Appreciated!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flash Steel

So, I recently got a cheap 1090T and am building a system around it now. It's as much for playing around with the system as it is about running games at a half-decent level. It's been around 10 years since I built my last PC so I am reaching out to you guys for a little advice on tweaking the rest of the components. Here's my suggested build to go with the processor:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (Already own)
MOBO: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 (£50)
RAM: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz XMS3 Memory CL9 (£50)
GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 GHZ OC (£100)
SSD: Sandisk 64GB Pulse SSD (£50)
BD-Rom: LG CH10LS28 SATA Blu-Ray 10x DVD-RW+- (£50)
PSU: Zalman ZM 450W GS (£30) - Two PCIe power cables
Tower: Casecom KSM-7288 (£30 with 3 fans)

Total - Around £360

So I want to overclock without using water cooling, as much as three fans and plenty of ventilation will allow. I know that that maximum memory frequency that the 1090T IMC is rated for 1600 MHz but for overclocking I'd rather have some RAM that can handle the extra load without being anotehr weak point on the system. It doesn't cost too much extra. Will 450W be enough for overclocking CPU and graphics?

I'll have a monitor for word processing and internet. I'll be running games and movies through my 40" 1080p TV so I am not sure if I would need a better GPU to make them look presentable?

I have a 1TB regular hard disk and so the 60GB SSD should be enough I think.

Any advice on switching GPU or MOBO for something in a similar price range would be greatly appreciated, too.

What do y'all think?

Thanks!

Be safe and get a 550w PSU, also you may want to get a bigger ssd, because 64gb ssd is kind of small for today, window alone already take 20gb so you may need to get a 120gb
1600mhz RAM is enough, you don't need 2000mhz RAM unless you're benching
Suggest that you also need a cpu cooler too, the Cooler Master hyper 212 evo is the best bang for your buck cost $30 here in US don't know how much it cost in your country

91UNx7QSvpL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks, ASUS ROG. I have the CPU cooler already, it's pretty substantial and has the fan/copper etc for heat dissipation.

I'll have a look at getting a bigger SSD. My plan was to keep most things on regular drive and anything that requires performance on the SSD. Generally I only play one game at a time and my photos/videos etc will run fine from my 1TB SATA HDD.

I'll take your advice on the PSU. I thought 450W would be a little low maybe.

Back