• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 785GT-E63/PhenomX3 8450e- need a little help OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jazzisjazz

MSI 785GT-E63/PhenomX3 8450e
3gb ddr2-6400 / 600w thermaltake pwr / Ximatek 92mm Loki heatpipe - need a little help OCing

Trying for a reasonable overclock hoping to get from 2.1 to 2.7 or more

All voltages stock

ACC disabled
Core unlock - disabled

CPU multi down to 6

HT Link - X3

Ram Divider - I am a little unsure on this. At first I thought it should be 1:2.66 but the # listed below showing actual freq.was much higher than when I changed to 1:1. So I left it at 1:1 (550mhz)

CPU - NB down to x5 (1250)

raised FSB with several steps to 275

raised CPU - NB over steps to 1925

raised HT - up to 2475

raised CPU - Multi to 7.5 for 2060mhz

If I try raising the cpu multi to 8 it will not boot.

From the info given does it seem that I am starting out properly? I thought that I would be raising the cpu multi and possibly some voltages from here but I must have something set incorrectly.

Any ideas?

From the info given does it seem that I am starting out properly? = Honestly not to me it does not. I would be using the default multiplier of the 8450e and raising the FSB by 5 from 200 upwards and testing each 5 Mhz raise in FSB for a minimum of 20mins of Prime 95 Blend to determine if there was a hint of stability.

Since raising the FSB also raises ram speed and HT Frequency and CPU_NB at the same time, I would ensure that 'thei' multipliers are reduced to keep the other three buss speeds within their specification.

OC'ing an AM2: An update to Easy 1, 2, 3, Overclocking ...
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555058

Back