• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you actually hit things in BF3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I've had BF3 since it came out. I play it very casually. I can get a kill ratio of 1:1 or better in BFBC2, but in BF3 I'm always the guy who's 0:25. I aim and I fire but nothing ever seems to happen. I've gotten hits but the number of kills I've gotten I can count on both hands in the whole time I've had it. I couldn't beat the last level of single player. I think I had it on normal. Why do I suck so much at this game? Am I missing something? My system runs it at a constant 60fps so that's not the issue and I'm using a Steelseries Xai mouse which is very good quality so that can't be it. I'm 30, so I'm a little long in the tooth for springy reflexes but still, if I can get kills in BC2, why can't I get any in BF3?

:facepalm:

How many hours have you put into it so far? Sometimes I go in slumps and can't break out of those games where you get 0.5 kdr. It took me a while to acclimate myself after playing BFBC2 for so long, but now I have 500 hours in BF3 and everything feels natural.

Things you can do to improve your game is always make sure you are in a full squad and have everyone use a different squad spec. I like to always have sprint, suppression, and cover and change up the 4th one depending on the scenario. You can play with whatever feels right for your playstyle.

Always make sure to target enemies when possible and mark objectives. It is just free points.

I say just give it time and practice. :thup:

+1 on practice.

Also, when playing online for the first 10-20 or even more hours, play on the exact same server/map so you wont have to learn a new map each time. Learn the game first, then learn the maps.

Shoot 'em in the head. Works better that way :D

I swear Premium people have more HP. Takes three (@&*#%* body shots with a sniper rifle to put 'em away now. Could have sworn it used to take two.

Shoot 'em in the head. Works better that way :D

I swear Premium people have more HP. Takes three (@&*#%* body shots with a sniper rifle to put 'em away now. Could have sworn it used to take two.

:rofl: :rofl: how 's that happen?
I don't play BF3 but seriously, you need a lot of practice to became a good gamer at any game

I took me about 50 hours to get up to speed on BF3, I also found it pretty difficult to kill people in the beginning but you will learn what weapons fit your play style. It also helps when you have decent players on your squad/team as said above.

Point and click...

I kind of got bored with how easy it was and quit pretty quickly.

I've had BF3 since it came out. I play it very casually. I can get a kill ratio of 1:1 or better in BFBC2, but in BF3 I'm always the guy who's 0:25. I aim and I fire but nothing ever seems to happen. I've gotten hits but the number of kills I've gotten I can count on both hands in the whole time I've had it. I couldn't beat the last level of single player. I think I had it on normal. Why do I suck so much at this game? Am I missing something? My system runs it at a constant 60fps so that's not the issue and I'm using a Steelseries Xai mouse which is very good quality so that can't be it. I'm 30, so I'm a little long in the tooth for springy reflexes but still, if I can get kills in BC2, why can't I get any in BF3?

:facepalm:

Are you playing 'normal' mode or 'hardcore'? I never play normal mode, I find the number of bullets to kill the enemy to be absurd.

never played bfbc2 but i do have bf3 and my first round i went like 30-7 and from then on i did so terrible i just quit playing the game all together lol. too slow paced for me, the first game i played was a smaller map and it was TDM.

I would say it takes a good 50 hours to get really good at the hit dynamics and which guns you like best. Maybe 100 hours before you really start to get good, after that you will find that sometimes you will just join games with other guys who are just really good at the game.

What helped me was to aim higher. In FPS games I have a habit of over compensating for recoil which in BF3 was causing majority of my shots to hit legs and groin. Of course then the player turns and shoots me in the head and I die. It will feel weird and look like you are aiming too high but it makes a big difference. Shoot in burst of 4-5 as well. The spread pattern they put in BF3 is total crap after a couple bullets.

Also play hardcore, it's much more fun when weapons actually do damage like they should.

Also play hardcore, it's much more fun when weapons actually do damage like they should.

But if you play hardcore and you die all the time, you'll loss interests and quit the game, i don't play BF3, but for every game that i play, i start out on normal mode, when i got familiar with the game, i switch to harder mode.

A agree with bugfreak, BF3 is MUCH better in HC mode. Normal you need to shoot 150 rounds to get an enemy down ... at least at HC with a few bullet in the torso they fall ( if you cant aim the head ;) )

AND, i hate killcam and radar.... IRL, soldat can't see with a minimap where all the enemies are at all time... they can only know where they are ( aprox ) when they shoot, wich is what happen on HC mode, enemy show on minimap only when they fire.

Yes, I agree. The fact that people can see your name tag and location all the time in softcore is the single greatest reason to play hardcore.

I have a KD of 3.47.... But I've been playing Battlefield since 1942.... I use the L85A2 and M4A1.... practice with iron sights then you'll be a beast...

Back