• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop screen turned Cyan, why? (Pic Included)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Laptop been running fine, was sitting here this morning working and all of a sudden this happened.

When I hook it up to my TV via HDMI cable it looks fine on the TV. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron M5010, had about 2 1/2 years now.

Attachments

• laptop.jpg
    laptop.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 2,123
might have to check the monitor connection to the motherboard, its underthe keyboard most of the time those can and have slightly lifted before and caused messed up screens, could also the the connection on the back of the panel.

what wagex said or it could be a bad LCD, is the machine still under warranty?

try powering the machine off for a while and booting it again, see if the screen goes back to normal.

not sure if its under warranty anymore or not, I burnt the box and all the papers it came with a few months ago. Don't think I ever even registered it when I bought it.

i just fixed a friends laptop a few weeks back that had the same issue, just hers was green, but i have to replace the video cable, when you open and close the led it puts stress on the cable, so after time it goes bad, but it shouldn't be after a few months, i would try to look up and see if you have the warranty still, before you try taking it apart.

not sure if its under warranty anymore or not, I burnt the box and all the papers it came with a few months ago. Don't think I ever even registered it when I bought it.

that's all right. no need to register the product. Find the service tag and punch it in here to check:

http://www.dell.com/support/incidents/us/en/19/Phone/TagEntrySubmit

If its under warranty I'd call them up and they'll run through some troubleshooting (ie plugging in an external monitor, reboots, pulling the battery, etc) just run through the motions with them and likely within a short time they will set up an RMA of sorts

that's all right. no need to register the product. Find the service tag and punch it in here to check:

http://www.dell.com/support/incidents/us/en/19/Phone/TagEntrySubmit

If its under warranty I'd call them up and they'll run through some troubleshooting (ie plugging in an external monitor, reboots, pulling the battery, etc) just run through the motions with them and likely within a short time they will set up an RMA of sorts

Appreciate the website, it's not in warranty anymore. I took the video cable out and plugged it back in and everything white is still cyan colored.

Guess I'll order a new cable off ebay and see if that works then a new screen if not.

Ahh that sucks sorry, but on eBay they are cheap I think I got the cable for like 10$ best of luck to you.

Back