• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap three monitor setup opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jrdnj15

Registered
Hi,

I just completed a new desk for my room which gives me a lot more space and i would eventually like to do a three monitor setup so i have been looking and saw a few things i liked however im trying to get the best bang for my buck somewhere inside my price limit. What i was thinking is either have 3 monitors standing vertically or having 1 22-24" monitor in the center and 2 smaller monitors to the left and right of that. but i have a couple questions

1. If the center monitor is 2ms and the 2 outside monitors ar 5ms will that cause a issue? especially when gaming?

2. Can my Vid card (Radeon Sapphire HD 7970) support all three display or will i be putting to much stress on it?

Those are the only two questions that really come to mind but if you guys can think of anything else i should be considering please feel free to let me know. also my price limit is about 300$ for all three i know that is low but im kinda on budget atm so.

You're not gonna get very good monitors for $100 each, that's just not enough cash. Also, if you go 3x1080P, heavy hitter titles are going to need a second 7970 to play at high or ultra settings.

IMO, with the $300, maybe go with a single Korean 2560x1440 IPS monitor? You can find them for $320-330 on Ebay.

yah i figured that would end up being the case but hey you never know i will take a look at the korean models you are referring to but do you think you can link some to get me in the right direction? also say i were to buy a 27 inch korean model and use a 2nd monitor (nothing specific just any monitor) just for browsing purposes to avoid alt tabbing would that cause a lot of stress on my card?

Nah, a second monitor for web browsing and stuff is a very light load on the GPU. That's what I run. :)

Here's a good one (it's a PLS panel instead of an IPS, but they seem to be extremely simialr, with PLS being Samsung tech and IPS being LG tech).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27-QNIX-QX2...964&pid=100010&prg=1076&rk=2&sd=221170898097&

I haven't been keeping up on them lately though, might want to do some more research on them.

Nah, it's the same thing. More expensive, but you get the benefit of seeing it in store and having a warranty and such.

Back