• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GPU Not Detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

So I got this new monitor and hooked it up to my GPU via DVI-D. If is a wonderful monitor and decide to shut off my computer for the night. Being the indecisive laD that I am, I decide to come back on the computer, but when I start my computer everything is in 800 res and my GPU isn't detected. IDK if it has to do with the monitor or not, but I kinda doubt it. Not sure what to do. I plan on testing different monitors and graphics cards tomorrow.

Hey!

A few more details would be appreciated ;)

Which drivers are you using? Did you try the latest or others?
Do you have the CPU overclocked? Do you use any overclocking utility which could be still enabled?
Could you give us the name of your monitor?
Last check (stupid question but we never know ^^'): you've connected the monitor to the video card and not the motherboard right? :D

Sorry, I was in a daze when I posted, so I was too stupid to post details. Tired and frustrated.

In any case, I did a system restore and everything works now, which seems incredibly odd to me.

Monitor: Qnix QX2710

Overclocking my CPU to 4.2 (always at 4.2).

All drivers are up to date.

GPU is not overclocked on start up.

I have a feeling the problem has to do with this: Pixel Patcher which I downloaded and used to overclock my monitor as instructed by overclock.net (any idea why it would?)

Frustratingly, after the system restore my Chrome doesn't work. I'd rather not reinstall it because I have stuff saved in my extensions and a lot of bookmarks. When I click to open it it says "Unable to find locale data files. Please reinstall."

After some quick searching on the problem I found nothing useful.

Ughh, this whole situation is quite frustrating. Anyways, any help is super appreciated as always guys.

If you uninstall the Pixel Patcher and underclock your monitor to 60Hz, does it solve it?
I don't know the interest of overclocking a monitor since the human eye can barely see a difference in fluidity between the 60FPS mark and 75FPS... and can't at all past the 75FPS.

For you chrome issue, the bug is known after a system restore: copy your file "locale state" in C:\Users\<YOUR_USER>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data elsewhere (for backup) and delete it. Open your browser normally, it should work fine.

For saving extensions and bookmarks, you can sign in to chrome (wrench/options/personal stuff/ sign in). If you uninstall and reinstall chrome then sign in again, you will find everything still there :thup:
To be sure, you still can save the local files (during the uninstall process, just don't check delete browser data).

Back