• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am moving, I only need to remove the GPU, correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So I am moving 200 miles and will be putting my computer in it's original computer cases' box for extra protection. All I need to do is remove the GPU really, right? Thoughts, suggestions?

IIRC you have an AIO and not a tower cooler too right? If you had a heavy duty tower cooler I'd consider removing that as well. But if this is transporting with you in your car and not shipping it I wouldn't worry about it. I've taken my full heavy-*** PC to lan parties over the years (including one just last month) I just slide in on the floor between the passenger seat and the rear passenger seat. Monitor gets strapped with the seatbelt against the back seat

Yeah I would. The weight of the card will rip the PCIE connector out of the board. Also be sure you lay the case on it's side (like you're working on it) so as to take more stress away from the board. Pack pillows around it so it won't shake itself apart while transporting.

Good luck at the new place!
Thanks brother!
Post magically merged:

Depends. If you keep it vertical and it's screwed into the case, it should be fine.

That said, to be careful, id remove it, yeah.

GL with the move.
Thanks ED for the wishes bro!

Back