• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel x48 and P35 3D performance issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OptyTrooper

Alright so I'm trying to run PCM 05 on both my P5K and P5E3 pro and I am getting horrible Physics and 3D and transparent floating windows scores with my GTX 460 1GB 256 pixel shader seems unaffected. At first tI thought it was the card itself throttling so I changed everything to max using Fermi BIOS editor which indeed keep the card from throttling. However my performance was still abysmal. I found a setting in NvInspector called PCie throttling and changed it to off but it had no effect I also changed the power throttling to prefer Max but still no dice.

Now here's the odd thing if I run the card on my z77 board it performs like a champ! 670fps and change in 3D and roughly 15,000 windows as opposed to the 240ish and 1300 windows on the X48 and P35 boards.

OS used is Windows 7 x86 on all platforms with driver 320.49. I also tried my modded Quadro 270.71 drivers but things were unchanged.

Google is no help at all. Please help!

I too would eyeball the CPU, I know transparent windows is fairly seriously CPU dependent, though 1200 still seems low for c2d stuff. Now if that's a P4, I think that's decent.
I'm not going to go into a spectacular amount of detail on tweaks outside the lounge, I'm assuming you've read the LBB though and and using what's in there.

Back