• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Hyper X SSD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bossman150

I got a Kingston ssdNOW 300v 120gb for my OS and I think I am going to pick up a 250gb SSD for my games. The Kingston Hyper X 250gb has a great price on Amazon, but I don't see them mentioned in the SSD threads here. Is there something with them I should avoid? The stats on them seem just as fast as the SSDs being mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007R67FTY...TF8&colid=3RCU7DJ919AGO&coliid=I398E5X7YSODUE

Doh! it went up $20 overnight, it was listed at $159 yesterday....

Edit: what about this one, any good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W00ZD1390

Nothing wrong with either really. Personally, I would get a faster OS drive than the SSDNow you have then use it for your games. Seems odd to me to have a faster drive for storage than for your OS...

Nothing wrong with either really. Personally, I would get a faster OS drive than the SSDNow you have then use it for your games. Seems odd to me to have a faster drive for storage than for your OS...

Yeah, that would make more sense. Being my first SSD though I think it will still be plenty fast for the OS.

Understood. :) The smartest thing to do would be to return the SSDnow and get a faster 120GB, but I'm too impatient to do that lol.

Well, the smartest thing to me would be to buy a new 120GB, make that your OS drive, then use your current one for the games assuming it has the capacity. That saves on effort quite a bit.

GL! :)

Yeah I could do that too, but WOW and SWTOR both are 30GB each so that would be more than half the drive for just those two games. I suppose I could move games back and forth but that might get to be a pain.

I have an 840 EVO 500GB and I've been nothing but pleased with it. This is coming from a different SSD as well.

Back