• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with a couple AD GPO scripts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
I'm not an AD guy. I don't even have access to the AD server. But with a good case, I can get them to run log-in scripts for me. Right now, since I work for state govt, 95% of our software runs off of Internet Explorer as a base (lovely, right?). Anyway, it will work with IE 8 or 9. But 10 and 11 break everything (because of how the underpinnings were changed in 10 and 11).

What would be the proper GPO script to block both IE10 and IE11 from downloading/installing, so that we can reducing our call volume and workload when it comes to removing either/both on an almost daily basis? As is, currently the only way we have to prevent it is during the initial image setup through my MDT server, or to manually do so from Windows Update on the machine itself.

Back