• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Dual Classified Hydro Copper X 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marjamar

Thinking about getting a couple of these for my really nice working revamped rig. Water loop is now super fine and with the new FX-8350 running stable, cool and quiet at 5.17GHz, I am so tempted to chuck my (not yet received RMA replacement) Asus HD7970 DCII w/EK waterblock and buy these.

Anyone here using one or two of these in SLI?

Good idea, bad, or is there something better considering it has to be water cooled or water cool-able.

Thanks for any input.

-Rodger

Attachments

• 03G-P4-3789-KR_XL_1.jpg
    03G-P4-3789-KR_XL_1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 101
Confused at what you are asking about? Performance of the GPU(s)? The block? What are you asking? I assume this is for the 3 monitors in your sig yes?

There are plenty of people happy with the hydro copper block on their EVGA cards. 2 780s are plenty for 5760x1080 gaming. You may want to look at a 290/290x and get some blocks for those if you can find them. You have a higher res where their 512bit bandwidth and 4GB of vram could help moving forward (if not today in some titles).

Confused at what you are asking about? Performance of the GPU(s)? The block? What are you asking? I assume this is for the 3 monitors in your sig yes?

There are plenty of people happy with the hydro copper block on their EVGA cards. 2 780s are plenty for 5760x1080 gaming. You may want to look at a 290/290x and get some blocks for those if you can find them. You have a higher res where their 512bit bandwidth and 4GB of vram could help moving forward (if not today in some titles).
I like "fast" pretty good. I like "really nice", very well. I don't like "not good from the start" very much. "Overly priced", seems to be everywhere you look these days, so even if Nvidia is/has been overly priced, I have use alot of their products. I'm looking for finalizing my redo on my current rig, and what is left to do is solve my GPU problem. Asus RMA's have cured me of my DCII bug, but now I need something to take it's place. I'm thinking EVGA as I have not had a problem with them in the past. I'm thinking Nvidia because they are not ATI (although ATI has also been a great choice in the past) and Nvidia, which over the years have by-in-large given me less headaches then ATI.

Yes I want 3 or more monitors running. I was thinking of expanding to 5 vertical monitors with DCII or two of them, but DCII is not wanting to play nice, so I need something else.

I'm not up on Nvidia, so I am doing research right now. This ready-to-go EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Dual Classified Hydro Copper caught my eye and while I'm doing some homework, thought I'd post here and let people tell me how stupid or smart I am regarding this card.

-Rodger

I would say grab two of the 780 HC or wait for the 780Ti HC to come out.

Back