• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't secure erase my ssd, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

I need help secure erase my ssd

The 4 ssd are for my main rig (see sig)

last week, while i was play game, i got kick out of the game sever for 2 or 3 time, i also notice that some time my gaming mouse wasn't very respondsive some time too, this morning, i found out that i couldn't install some update for window too so i think i got some kind of virus or malware.

So i figure that it time for me to do a reinstall of window and i also want to SE all my ssd too.
I try to use diskpart but it doesn't work
I also try to use parted magic but when i try to boot from the USB that contain parted magic iso, i keep getting stuck at the mobo BIOS, can't boot in to parted magic menu at all :(

Do i need to convert the file on the USB stick or did i do something wrong, please help, thank

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 105
How to use HDDErase:

Copy hdderase.exe onto bootable DOS floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB stick and boot the system which has the drive you want to purge
Type "hdderase" at the DOS prompt to run HDDerase.exe.
At the prompt, select the drive you want to purge
Type "y" to proceed to the options menu
Select secure erase (or enhanced secure erase if it is available)
Type "y" to proceed with the secure erase.

To erase a 64-bit installation you’ll need to run it from a DOS bootable flash drive, CD, or floppy.
Or.....just flash the latest firmware for your SSD. It is destructive and should result in the SSD being 'factory fresh'.

Last edited:
Back