• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fewer BF4 servers immediately following expansion releases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Has anyone else noticed this? With the Second Assault expansion and now with the Naval Strike expansion, I've noticed that in the days immediately following each release, I have a much more difficult time finding servers.

More specifically, I'm seeing about 1/5 the number I typically would. I've tried playing with my filters, but nothing seems to change it.

When second Assault launched, I remember noticing the same thing. The number grew after several days, but for a while, it was slim pickin's.

Do servers need to download an update or something before they can resume operation following a big patch?

Perhaps those servers do not support those expansions...I see plenty of servers without those maps in the rotation...

I don't have the Naval Strike expansion. My filters were: vehicle respawn 100%+, North America region, 32/48 person... I think that's about it. I'm not filtering out any of the maps. I would think that would have all servers that met that criteria show up. I was only seeing about 10 last night and only 1 or 2 of those were "playable" (not full/not empty).

I'm sure it's just some sort of server update issue. Just annoying.

I've noticed this quite a bit. Without any expansions, if I set any kind of filter, or try sorting things just don't seem to work right. Sorting by # of players for example. It isn't uncommon for me to see only 5 or 6 servers show up with people playing on them. This is even with "Hide full servers" unchecked. Kind of frustrating. The servers in my favorites that I play on regularly don't even show up, and I can change tabs and see with my own eyes 48/54 players etc.

Yeah about that lol

Taken within as much time as it took to open snipping tool again :shrug:

Attachments

• wtfserverbrowser.JPG
    wtfserverbrowser.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 61
  • faves.JPG
    faves.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 59
I know that its an older thread but this happens even without updates sometimes. To get the full server list hit the refresh symbol if you get a limited list or no list at all.

Back