• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just checking :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SubPar

I finally got the go ahead to build a PC for the living room to handle movie playback and running itunes and such through a home stereo setup, so i did some research and came up with this.
I want to go Kabini just to say that i did and im curious as to how the low wattage chips can handle themselves. i think the rest is straightforward, i may put my 5770 into this pc but if the SOC video can handle the video duties i wont bother. It will be driving a 46" samsung LED, not sure if that matters.

Any input from the masses is greatly appreciated :attn:

Attachments

• HTPC.JPG
    HTPC.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Re-did the component list as i was spending too much money, but i think this puts me just under $450 if i bought today, anyone see anything bad wrong or outta place?

The ram i had from a previous build not exactly that kind but 4gb of patriot 1600 says g2 on the side.

Attachments

• betterhtpc.JPG
    betterhtpc.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 25
May I suggest a sexier case?

FT03B-34View-2.jpg
Silverstone FT03 mini

J9lpb_QGVFHa_Wg_Dg0s_HRZSYGhcp_KCCH4h4d_GV1_Ba_Vkg_A.jpg

EVGA Hadron

Silverstone case is sweet but too tall, it has to be under 14.5 inches, and the EVGA while awesome is 150% more than the CM which has a footprint i need :D

Back