• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One card only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What card would run titanfall at the highest res?

First are we talking resolution or highest graphical settings.

If res then you'll need a 290x, but I'm not sure one will be enough to play on highest settings at 4k resolution. Are you playing on a 1080p monitor ?

Just need a little more info before helping accurately

We are unable to answer that question because we do not know what resolution you will be running your game at.

For example, a 280x/770 would easily run it at 1920x1080 at Ultra, but that same card wouldn't run it well at 2560x1440 or higher... a 290/780 would though.

We need more information first. ;)

I should have included that information, that's what happens when I post under the influence of Captain Morgan. I have a Dell ST2210 so 1920x1080 it is. I have two HD6900 in crossfire

Didn't they fix crossfire for Titanfall in the latest driver? 2x6970s would easily run that game at 1920 x 1080 with everything cranked..

EDIT: what am I saying, its always fun to upgrade! :)

SSD has nothing to do with game FPS.

As far as memory, its a 2GB card right? Have you checked how much vRAM you are using (MSI Afterburner can do this)?

Did you update your drivers to the latest ones as it seems that fixed an CFx problem...

You are jumping to conclusions with zero evidence/investigation of your symptoms... slow down.

Didn't they fix crossfire for Titanfall in the latest driver? 2x6970s would easily run that game at 1920 x 1080 with everything cranked..

EDIT: what am I saying, its always fun to upgrade! :)

Oh ya I am always up for an upgrade:D but not until needed:thup:

Thank you for the recommendation, now I see that the two 6970's are up to the task and the issue that I am having is memory or SSD related.

Didn't realize you were having issues....

What problems are you having exactly? Keeping stable frame rate?

SSD has nothing to do with game FPS.

As far as memory, its a 2GB card right? Have you checked how much vRAM you are using (MSI Afterburner can do this)?

Did you update your drivers to the latest ones as it seems that fixed an CFx problem...

You are jumping to conclusions with zero evidence/investigation of your symptoms... slow down.

My apology's for being vague, I need to work on my communication skills.

The problem was when I did a reboot my SSD would not show up, no problem on a cold boot. I should have posted this in the storage section when it first started a month ago. My thoughts were if I am replacing parts why not upgrade the graphics cards.

Back