• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Arc gpus!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
just saw newegg now has more Arc's listed now. it is nice to see Asrock has the LP A310 and A380 up. both the same price but one is OOS right now, i wanted a low power LP card. i just did not see either AMD's 6xxx card or NV's older cards worth the the $$. It is nice to see the A580 is now for sale! even though intel's next gen might be around the corner.

A310 is apparently 30W, so basically a more modern 1030 class? Handy for a system without power connector, although ReBAR requirement makes it unsuitable for older systems. Then again, maybe that wont matter, since buyers probably wont care for gaming performance of it regardless.

It's a narrow price up to the A380 though, which is supposedly a 75W card. Mine has a power connector. I don't know if they exist but it would have been interesting to have one without, even if it meant no OC potential. That could have opened up its use cases more.

Considering how well are performing modern integrated graphics, I see no point in these low power Intels. You can use them if there is no IGP, but other than that, they seem as good as IGP.

Considering how well are performing modern integrated graphics, I see no point in these low power Intels. You can use them if there is no IGP, but other than that, they seem as good as IGP.
Lots of unknowns, but maximum Meteor Lake iGPU could be as fast as A380, which also puts it much faster than any other Intel iGPU so far. If you ignore it wont have the memory bandwidth, typical DDR5 would be around half the bandwidth of the GDDR on A380.

Taking desktop A380 as a reference, the A310 is generally about 75% of it in cores, and down another ~12% in clock or so. Overall let's say it might be around 2/3 of an A380.
Meteor Lake iGPU in maximum configuration is expected to be same core count as A380, but they're somewhat different. A380 is Xe-HPG, and Meteor Lake is Xe-LPG. I don't know if there is much of a logic difference, but there is at least a process difference (N6 vs N5). I saw a leak suggesting a running clock for Meteor Lake iGPU over 2 GHz, which could put it at A380 levels when not bandwidth limited.

Maybe A310 could end up closer to Tiger Lake iGPU, but it'll probably be faster than any Intel desktop iGPU you can get today. Arc would have more feature support than many older Intel iGPUs, but Arc's requirement for ReBAR if you care about game performance does put an older limit on what system you can add it in. Think some Coffee Lake mobos had beta bios support, but you're ideally looking at Comet Lake or newer.

The 1030 and now A310 class has never been about gaming performance though. It's more about adding a "better" GPU to systems that need hardware features that may be missing. As such the low 3D performance might not matter much to buyers.

That's always been my thoughts on the Intel GPUs as well. They just don't make sense with the internal graphics on Intel's own chips. Maybe Intel is just testing and tweaking their processes with plans to build stronger GPUs once everything is fine tuned.

Back