• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[4K] Which GPU To Buy For 60Hz 4K Gaming ~ 1500$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

8Ballin'

Hey Guys , I'm Building A New Gaming PC For 4K Gaming And Was Wondering Which GPU To Go For To Get The Best Possible Performance And FPS ! My Shortlist :- AMD R9 290 CFire x 3 , GTX 780Ti SLi , R9 295x2 .Help Is Appreciated.

I would go 295x2 or 2 290x. I wouldn't go Nvidia on this generation due to its 3GB vram, and I surely wouldn't do 3 cards as scaling (% increase you get from adding the 3rd card) is not nearly as good as with 1->2 cards.

That said, if you want to lower AA (as at 4K you dont need as much to remove the jaggies) and such, a 3GB Nvidia card could be a solution...

EarthDog , So That Said ,What About R9 290X Vs R9 290 ? Any Difference AT 4K ? I Am Going To OC The GPU's

Ohk! Dude I'm Definitely Grabbing Two R9 290X's. Anyways , Any Suggestions On Cooling Them....Custom Watercooling...Or Aftermarket Coolers

That is best left for your water cooling thread really...(read those stickies so you have a clue what you are doing and what people are saying when they respond! :)).

To answer quickly though, I would have at least 4x120mm worth of radiator for just the cards.

Dude , TFTCentral Aint Having A Review For This Monitor ! Any Suggestions ?

The XFX Double Dissipation Series Is Quite Cheap And Good Too !!

FYI, I have had problems with this company honoring warranties.

More than once

There was an AOC unit on the cheap in another thread, but forget the thread title

Back