• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new monitor setup for photography, no idea where to start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

I've been using a Dell 2408WFP for years now, and while I do love it, I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm not sure whether to go for another 24" and run dual monitors, or a single 27", or even dual 27" (probably 1440p if I go with 27"). Price cap is probably $1000, but cheaper is always better.

Input lag isn't a huge issue...I do game, but usually not twitch shooters that require <5ms lag. My 2408WFP has something like 50ms of lag, and it's perfectly fine for me. I do a decent amount of photography, though I'm by no means a professional. 10 bit/"wide gamut" is certainly not required, but 100% aRGB would be nice, and the ~70% of the cheap Korean monitors kind of scare me off them. HDMI or DisplayPort would be nice to have too...My GTX 780 has a DVI-D port, but I'm afraid those will start to go away on future cards as they get replaced by HDMI/DP. Finally, some amount of AG is a must; I can't deal with a glossy screen, they give me headaches.

So that said...suggestions?

Back