• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech's new H220-X just arrived!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hippiekiller

Registered
First off I just want to say that I'm in no way a professional reviewer. I just wanted to take some pictures along the way and maybe note a few things about my process. I don't have a fancy SLR and lighting, just a Galaxy Note3.

I ordered this unit on Sunday through Swiftech's website and payed the extra for priority 3 day shipping to put in my new rig i'm building. The unit was shipped on Tuesday and arrived here in Georgia today (Friday). Everything is installed and running great but with the stock cooler :eek: But I only I had to wait one more day for this to come in.

The unit arrived in great shape and double boxed with packing peanuts all around...

20140725_164031_zpsezzbbo79.jpg
20140725_164201_zpsoken5g4a.jpg
20140725_164319_zpsswaf6tv8.jpg
20140725_164431_zps428j55tp.jpg
20140725_164554_zpsuvr7eesd.jpg
20140725_164956_zpsx8o1gv9t.jpg
20140725_165936_zpse5sjpcnk.jpg

The first issue, which I don't really know if it's a real issue yet is debris floating inside the coolant from the factory. I had to use the flash to help it show. I also wiped off the viewing port with a microfiber cloth, then hit it with a blast of compressed air to ensure what you are seeing is actually whatever is floating inside. You can see some clearly resting on the flow channel. I'll probably be replacing the fluid to try and resolve this issue in the near future.

20140725_170427_zps8gqhcmqh.jpg

The heatsink looks like it's pretty well polished. Used a light to try and highlight their attempt at polishing.

output_zpsdrobdqb3.jpg

Well, it's time to install this... I'll post more pictures soon!

Last edited:
Congrats! Its unfortunate you have debris in the loop. Never a good sign or the lack of QC on their part. I'd clean out the loop and refill it than have the pump and CPU block channels deal with it. Who knows how much more debris is not visible in the loop.

The install went smoothly. HOWEVER, I did notice something else that bugs me a bit. If you see the pic below, from one angle you can notice rust and some bent fins. When you flip the radiator 180 degrees, you notice no rust. So, I'm thinking it's probably how they were stored with the rust side facing up or it happened during filling?

output_zpsduuams6p.jpg
output_zpsrg79gl4d.jpg

The install....

output_zpsjbjcgcbl.jpg
output_zpstuayuhfg.jpg
output_zpsosuxr5it.jpg

I noticed a little more rust around the pivotable fitting on the watercooling block.

output_zpszemjvy3g.jpg

Thermal paste that I used...

output_zpsvbmtp5wa.jpg

output_zpsqwaduhu5.jpg

With the lights off...

output_zpscd4989ma.jpg

There's a good amount of white light that shines from the side of the window, behind the front. The pic doesn't show it well but this is a completely blacked out room with no case lighting yet.

output_zpstwahdknu.jpg

Here's where it's comming from. A bit of electical tape should fix that.

output_zpsmv6krulo.jpg

The install went smoothly. HOWEVER, I did notice something else that bugs me a bit. If you see the pic below, from one angle you can notice rust and some bent fins. When you flip the radiator 180 degrees, you notice no rust. So, I'm thinking it's probably how they were stored with the rust side facing up or it happened during filling?

output_zpsduuams6p.jpg
output_zpsrg79gl4d.jpg

That's not rust but copper showing through the paint on the fins where some time during manufacture the rad got dinged or not painted properly. If its not leaking there's nothing to worry about.

Back