• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finally installed my sata 2 intel ssd. proper gbnot showing up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marketpantry

now i know all about the whole thing where the hd gb is slightly off because gigabytes and gigabits are different, but this is extreme. do i need software to run it or properly configure it?

If you had said I have a 60GB SSD showing only 58.1GB useable after formatting, then we might be able to answer. Otherwise have no idea what you actually are experiencing.
RGone...

Yes, more details are needed. Only a few here are able to tunnel thier way into your PC to get it's specs and information needed on your problem, but they are not online right now. So the rest of will have to rely on the information given by you. :beer:

Yes, more details are needed. Only a few here are able to tunnel thier way into your PC to get it's specs and information needed on your problem, but they are not online right now. So the rest of will have to rely on the information given by you. :beer:
No it's took ether first reply... It's showing 15 gigs or so when it's an 80 gh ssd never used

Still not enough information really.
Is the new drive the boot drive and set to AHCI in bios?
Did you use Win 7 or later and do a fresh install of the operating system onto the new SSD?
If you did fresh install of Win 7; at install should have gotten option to setup partitions and would have taken care of first partition alignment.

Still not enough information really.
Is the new drive the boot drive and set to AHCI in bios?
Did you use Win 7 or later and do a fresh install of the operating system onto the new SSD?
If you did fresh install of Win 7; at install should have gotten option to setup partitions and would have taken care of first partition alignment.

nevermind, it was split into two.

Back