• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need to get a GPU fixed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterCraft

so one of the 580 GTX hydrocoppers I have was damaged after I had some problems. I got very few responses on my first thread but I figured I'd give it a shot.

basically a small amount of coolant leaked onto the card and now the card is completely unresponsive.

I recently for a second time took the card apart, wiped everything down with alcohol, let it dry and put it back together, as far as I can see there is no visible damage, (burned caps, crossed channels or markings of any kind) but it's obviously beyond my expertise to fix.

ideal situation would be I would find someone on here who would give it a shot on fixing it, worst case they aren't able and I have to save for a few months to buy another or upgrade.

I think at this point if it can't be fixed I'll save for next gen SLI. just seems like a waste to have a card that if could be fixed would still perform fine. I was rocking 250+ mod skyrim on maxed everything (including a ridiculously modded .ini and it was smooth on my setup in sig. I guess another option would be to just buy another hydrocopper for $200 but I can probably get an aircooled variant that would do better at this point.

Anyone repair video cards out there?

so one of the 580 GTX hydrocoppers I have was damaged after I had some problems. I got very few responses on my first thread but I figured I'd give it a shot.

basically a small amount of coolant leaked onto the card and now the card is completely unresponsive.

I recently for a second time took the card apart, wiped everything down with alcohol, let it dry and put it back together, as far as I can see there is no visible damage, (burned caps, crossed channels or markings of any kind) but it's obviously beyond my expertise to fix.

ideal situation would be I would find someone on here who would give it a shot on fixing it, worst case they aren't able and I have to save for a few months to buy another or upgrade.

I think at this point if it can't be fixed I'll save for next gen SLI. just seems like a waste to have a card that if could be fixed would still perform fine. I was rocking 250+ mod skyrim on maxed everything (including a ridiculously modded .ini and it was smooth on my setup in sig. I guess another option would be to just buy another hydrocopper for $200 but I can probably get an aircooled variant that would do better at this point.

Anyone repair video cards out there?

If coolant got on the card while it was running and now it doesn't work, it sounds like just a burnt card. Does it post? Or is there absolutely zero response? If it's the latter, sorry to say it's time to move on.

Side note if you're looking for a replacement, I have 2 liquid cooled gtx 670s in the classifieds section for sale right now. EK full blocks and backplates.

If water shorted it out it's gone. It's the unfortunate side effect of watercooling accidents !

yeah thats kinda what I figured.

the EVGA still lights up on the side when plugged in, but no post and no response.

serious bummer.

Back