• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

formatting partitions - w2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

is it possible to format more than one partition using the w2k boot cd?

i removed my partition and created two using the boot cd. i was only able to format the partition the os would be installed, then i needed to format the secondary partition after the os installation, from within windows.
is there a problem with that?
cant i format both booting from the w2k cd?
thanks,.

oTTO said:
is it possible to format more than one partition using the w2k boot cd?

i removed my partition and created two using the boot cd. i was only able to format the partition the os would be installed, then i needed to format the secondary partition after the os installation, from within windows.
is there a problem with that?
cant i format both booting from the w2k cd?
thanks,.

I don't believe so, nor would there be any reason to do so. There is no problem with that......that's the way I've always done it.

why did it take 65MB from this secondary partition?

cw823 said:

you lost me.....

after i formatted it i noticed there was 65MB as used disk space. i beleive this is normal, is it?

cw823, do u think id get any benefits from reducing the os partition a little bit? to about 5GB?

oTTO said:

after i formatted it i noticed there was 65MB as used disk space. i beleive this is normal, is it?

cw823, do u think id get any benefits from reducing the os partition a little bit? to about 5GB?

1) normal, yes

2) I have mine at 4Gb...i've never exceeded that. Everything else is for data. The nice things is (as I'm always "trying things") if my Windows install craps out I can just format that partition and reinstall.....losing absolutely NO data. First thing I do on an install is copy my "my documents" and "favorites" folders to the d:....that way they're backed up......and Windows still recognizes all shortcuts to My Documents and shows all Favorites in IE.

Back