• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT-400 already???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cluster

Apparently samples are supposed to be out in the following weeks. And mass production before the summer. Could this be the tbred platform. Just how far are these things gonna overclock. I mean with talks of DDR400, and KT400, when are we gonna see the processors catch up. When are they gonna release at least a 166MHz processor. I believe they should have planned it into the TBred, if they haven't already. And what's with the big leap all of a sudden. Some companies are just gettin into DDR333 like Micron, but now DDR400. I'm lost here.

KT400

This could be an example of VIA and SiS jumping the gun.

According to this Silicone Strategies story and this story from X-Bit that is based on the Silicone Strategies story, DDR400/DDR I might not end up being the standard. DDR333 might be the last DDR I spec memory, with DDR400 going to DDR II specs.

If this happens, Samsung might be stuck with a bunch of DDR400/DDR I modules that might have little to no hardware support. This also might leave VIA and SiS without a KT400 chipset mobo for awhile, until they can redesign the memory structure to facilitate DDR II memory.

Don't know why all this systems i can get the most from my mobo by rising the fsb to 166 and it will be the same. There is no point all the new chipsets since AMD's athlon only run at 266. Waste of money this is the no ending loop of nonsense hardware.

No kidding. Even if the AMD processors cant use anything faster than the 266fsb, it definately helps crunch seti WUs. ;)

If they do end up switching to DDR II for DDR400, I wonder if Samsung would just flood the market with their already-made DDR400 modules. If there were priced to sell (ie cheap) they would make an excellent addition to any KT333 mobo, or a KT266a if you can get the FSB high enough to use it.

Back