• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To pelt or not to pelt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f155mph

Ok I been reading a lot of thread on peltiers and I been debating to see if you should add one to my system. Currently I got a P4 1.6a @2.4. The temp I am getting with my water rig is 27c idle and 30c load at 80f ambient. My current voltage is at 1.55v, I tried uping the voltage but it seem like my cpu don't like it. I tried it at 1.7v and it seem that my cpu don't want to go higher. I am wondering if get a pelt will I be able to get it up higher? What size peltier would I need? I did some calculation and it look like my cpu put out 108watt of power. Do I also have to worry about condensation? I will also use a second psu, what size will i need for that?

Thanks

pretty much with any tec u get ull need some condensation prevention, very simple if u take the time to do it right. well i would just go with say a 156w or 172w, all depends on ur block and ur wallet.....yes u will need a second psu, might i suggest this one.....

Holy Ship $165!!! I was just gonna use my 300watt psu that I am not using. And run a dual psu setup.

Back