• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ambient temps - how much a factor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tigermau

Registered
What do I have to do to reach some of the cool temps these forum users are running at?

I have a 1Ghz Celly OCed to 1.3Ghz on an Asus TUSI-M mobo, 512 Mb PC133SDRAM, on board vid/aud/LAN. I have a ThermalTake Dragon Orb3 (7000rpm), a 80mm fan blowing in from front, a PCI slot exhaust fan. CPU voltage is same at 1.475. My idle temps are 40C CPU and 37C mobo (according to Asus Probe).

A lot of old folks live in my building so the heat is constantly cranked up. My room temps are about 76F - 79F. I just want to know if I've done all I can to cool the system besides turning on the A/C or water cooling. Thanks.

Ambient can play a big part in system temps. Are you using a good thermal interface(Artic Silver, etc.)? Increase the size of your intake fan to 92mm or 120mm if you have the room, and add another exhaust fan to the top rear of the case(if not possible, consider a blowhole on the top). Keep the case slightly off the floor but as low as possible. Don't place too much faith in the slot cooler, quite a few of them suck.

77 degrees Fahrenheit is about 25 degrees Celsius, which is average room temp anyways. You Smelleron should do just fine at the temps it is at. I've had a few overclocked to 1.3 ghz with Golden Orbs on Slot 1 adapters with no problems with less optional ooling than you have.

Feel free to frag at will with your setup as of now. Honestly I have had no problems with mine....Celerons run way cooler than anything else cept a Cyrix/Via C3 which is slow as dog poo...

Kaese

Back