• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT3 Ultra Bios 5.2, how good?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maesus

Personally I don't figure out any "new features" about BIOS 5.2 over 5.1. I don't find any difference other than those have mentioned along with the BIOS update info. I still able to get the same overclockability as 5.1, the same, meaning no improvement. 166Mhz FSB for my LOCKED P1600+ is still impossible

Anybody else use this new BIOS update and figure out any difference?

MAESUS did you read my post on the MSI forum about my troubles with the new BIOS?

It appears from my experience with 5.2 that if I set my ram clock to HLK or HLK+33 my post hangs after the RAM is checked and "OK". However if I set it to SPD everything boots peachy. I tried EVERYTHING to get HLK setting to post but nothing...

Also, still can't run my corsair 2700xms at HLK+33 CAS2...

and because I couldn't change my ram down to HLK overclocking was not possible AT ALL under BIOS 5.2, so I switched and am currently running rock solid at 144FSB... just can't seem to get past the 150 barrier stabily...

Ah well

Back