• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocked duron won't post on ak31

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crave_silence

Registered
Hi all,

I bought a duron 950 as a test chip until I get the kinks out of my watercooling setup. My shuttle ak31 with the latest bios, was a little finicky about recognizing it at first. If I cleared the bios enough times, it would finally work, but it was a real pain. I then unlocked it with the pencil trick, and it hasn't posted with that chip since.

The board is fine -- it'll post with any sort of athlon and change multipliers OK. The chip is also fine, and successfully unlocked, as I can run it at any combination of multipliers and fsb on my asus board. I've only seen one post on the web that mentions any sort of problem like this -- the guy claims that the ak31 doesn't give the duron enough voltage automatically, and therefore it won't post.

Have any of you had difficulties getting your shuttle ak31 rev 3 to POST / boot with durons, especially unlocked durons? Any ideas for things to try?

Thanks.

crave_silence said:

The chip is also fine, and successfully unlocked, as I can run it at any combination of multipliers and fsb on my asus board.

Let me be more specific than earlier -- I tried the unlocked duron in two different asus a7v266-e boards, and it worked on both of them. It was also completely unlocked, as I could change the multiplier at will and it would boot and run stably up to 1.26 ghz.

Back