• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright sk-6 Temps too high!!! need a fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

I just installed a thermalright sk-6 onto my p3 866 using arctic silver 3 and I have a 50cfm 8000 rpm delta fan on it... now before with my golden orb I was getting load temps of 48c now I'm getting 57c!!! I have a feeling I botched the install a little bit... now I know arctic silver takes a bit to wear in but this is crazy!!! what should I do to remedy this solution??? oh ya and I have the fan blowing over the heatsink

nah I fixed er all up what I ended up doing is putting the clip on in the wrong direction so the hs wasn't making proper contact with the core! (stupid me) but now she's all good and I'm getting load temps of 30c

good lord this thing cools like a beast.... overclocked to 1040 with 1.85vcore and only between 33-37c under load!!!! my god my temps dropped 22c thanks to this godsend of a cooler!

Wow, looks good.

Copper cooling on a Intel is like crazy! The Delta 50 is like the loudiest Delta fan since it is so small, pushes so much, and since it is capable of that it whines alot!

Take that freaking delta and BURN IT...

Then get a 80mm to 60mm converter, and put a nice 30-40cfs sunon, or panaflow on there. Quiet and still running cool.

I have a Sunon on my SK-6 and it rocks. (athlon 1600xp)

Kyle

that sounds like a good idea but for now I'm broke I spent alot of money for this combo so I'm gonna have to live with for now

12am said:
that sounds like a good idea but for now I'm broke I spent alot of money for this combo so I'm gonna have to live with for now
If you have money i would suggest you a thermalright ax-7 with a sunon 50 cfm you will have better cooling and your ears will thank you. I personally had the deta 38cfm and was so loud that i had to get a new hs :)

Back