• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gefroce 4 Ti4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
I am thinking about selling my Geforce 3 Ti200 and buying a Geforce 4 Ti4200

How much of a difference in performance are we talking about? My Geforce 3 Ti200 3Dmarks at 8314 right now. I am a speed freak, and I was just wondering how much more I could get with it? Thanks.

i would wait until the GeForce 5, or what ever they are going to call it comes out.

It going to have a 1Gigahertz GPU, among other amazing things

Its supposed to be the NV30, they are going away from the Geforce name. Does anyone know when it is supposed to be on the market?

well, the NV30 won't be the name of it, as the GeForce 4 Ti's are the NV25

you will probably see the NV30 last quarter of this year or 1st quarter next year.

All depends on ATI's releases, and the economy

I'll be getting some for testing and i will let everyone know when that is

geforce4 TI4200

getting this card would be a smart move. as you already know the geforce4 TI4200 is the cheapest geforce4 in the TI series which is one plus and another is that this card is great for overclocking. stock this card would probable give you a 1000mark jump but think of the posibilitys you could have over clocking it. if you want more speed I would get it but get the 64megs of ram instead of the 128megs of ram because believe it or not the 64megs is faster in scores and marks than the 128megs.

trey_w said:
i would wait until the GeForce 5, or what ever they are going to call it comes out.

It going to have a 1Gigahertz GPU, among other amazing things

HUH?---where did you hear about this at?...post the link please, I would love to read this....Nvidia is making this? hmmmm...I don't see it anywhere on thier site.

your not going too, i was at NVIDIA Friday talking to the guys there

they are helping us with our Project COOL, which can be found at www.dmerz.com

I graduate college this May, and they offered me a Internship/Job

You might need to check the archives for Info

trey_w said:
your not going too, i was at NVIDIA Friday talking to the guys there

they are helping us with our Project COOL, which can be found at www.dmerz.com

I graduate college this May, and they offered me a Internship/Job

You might need to check the archives for Info

Nope. Nothing about a 1Ghz GPU there....

your not going to find that info on the GPU yet

and there is nothing about the NV30 on www.dmerz.com

its just were you can find info about them in the future and about our Project COOL

ok... so i just wait....... and if it happens i say kool. if not i say why u little.....:mad: :mad:

:) heck i love this forum...

i can't make any promises about the 1 gigahertz GPU, i am only repeating what i was told

When i start my Intern Job this summer there i will probably learn more info.

Alot of people didn't believe i was testing the T-Breds, and they found out they were mistaken, so im used to doubters, hell i would too in some of these cases

hey trey, good to hear you're still getting toys to play with;) Are you all finished with the t-breds you guys got? Sounds like the you're going to have some fun with the NV30;) Can I ask wether or not you were allowed to benchmark and overclock the t-bred? Of course, you can't give the results, I was just wondering if you are allowed to say if they are good oc'ers ;)

All i can say is that they will improve, as these are the First Steppings.

but....

I think everyone will be impressed with these.

The hardest thing right now is perfecting a BIOS

we got boards from AMD, but there BIOS were just hacked ones

and the boards we got were Notebook Boards that are up-scaled to fit the Desktop platform

They Up-scale to debug Notebook laptops, then down-scale them for the appropriate size.

We got these becasue Notebooks present more problems with thermodynamics, and we also needed the support of Power Now, as we are doing some stuff with that

BTW, Intel has contacted us also.. The big boys want to play now lol

the destops will allow some other stuff, like testing the video cards, as the notebook motherboards lack a agp slot

and we also bought some EPOX boards, and we had to hack those BIOS

Last edited:
sweet. Man I want your job:bday: Just one question....when you say impressed, do you mean athlon to athlonXP impressed(which was good, but not anything too spectacular) or p4willy to p4northwood impressed(which was a very spectacular transformation;))?

trey_w said:
lets just say i am glad i went from the Willy to my 1.8A

If I understand that right, you're implying that the t-breds won't be much more than the XP's we have right now....? Or did I misunderstand that?

Yeah it could have been taken both ways. That the P4 northwood was a better buy or that he was comparing the willy and the northwood to the XP and the Tbred

Back