• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help quick!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Hey all, I'm at a friends house trying to set up his 1.8P4, running XP home, and everytime I configure the FAH client it restarts the computer.

I enter the team number, hit OK, and the computer just shuts down and restarts.

Any ideas?

BTW: I'm trying to use the 2.19 graphical client.

Thanks,
Wedo

Wedo said:
Hey all, I'm at a friends house trying to set up his 1.8P4, running XP home, and everytime I configure the FAH client it restarts the computer.

I enter the team number, hit OK, and the computer just shuts down and restarts.

Any ideas?

BTW: I'm trying to use the 2.19 graphical client.

Thanks,
Wedo

Use the text only.

Then place an icon in the Start Up folder.

See if thata works...

Ok... I edited the config file manually, then started the graphical client again and all is well... very odd, but I don't have much experience with XP Home.

Thanks,
Jody

It is probably a problem with his vid card. I would highly suggest you use the text only console ver. Then use trayit to put it in the tray or hideit to hide the program. Can he bring up the graphic without it crashing? I would also disable the screensaver if you are going to stick with the graphic client it could crash the comp. Fold on!!!!!

If XP or Windows2000 is rebooting spontaneously, it is a system error akin to a BSOD. Go to the computer management console (right-click My Computer, select Manage, go to the event viewer) and look at the error log. The error log will tell you what service or program is crashing. My guess is you have a video driver issue. Try updating the driver for the manufacturer's website.

Last edited:
Kendan and Newbie_Doo, thanks.

The computer does drop out (instant crash and reboot) when you hit the FAH icon in the system tray. I'll have him update his driver for the vid card and see if that solves the problem.

I tried to get the console version running, but it wouldn't pull down a work unit after 45-60 minutes, so I ended up with the graphical work around.

He's folding, but he can't check his status without opening the screen saver.

Thanks again,

Wedo

I've had a similar problem using a Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead LE graphics card. Updating the drivers did no good. I just run it in the background on that computer, and never bring up the graphical interface. I run FoldMonitor to track progress on that machine...

Back