• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

REAL quick question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I was thinking about painting a fan for my case. I wasn't gonna paint the actual fan blades but just the circular part that all the blades attach to.

Now, when that thing's going 3000+ RPM or whatever, do you think that it would at some point rip little paint flecks off by centrifugal force?

I know it's sort of a modding question but I thought it applied here too, I don't want paint flecks flying off into unused PCI slots (my biggest worry).

--Illah

nah, you'd be fine, use good qualty paint, sand it afetrwards and use a good claer coating afterwards.

Anyway, surely you're going to test on a cheap fan first? and not put it straight on your PC............:p

You could try the paint scale modelers use, it has a very fine pigment and if airbrushed on would be too thin to peel off.
Its also water based, designed for smooth plastic, just make sure its clean, not even a fingerprint.

cheers

Last edited:
Back