• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Instant Messaging in Linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Waheey! I'm now on the net in linux :D.
There is only now one thing that bugs me - how do I/can I use MSN messenger in Linux? Are there any alternative clients or should I just try and use wine to get MSN messenger working.

David

You could use wine... but you may have some problems installing it... i can't get icq to run through the installer...

You could try everybuddy... it supports ICQ, AIM, Jabber, Yahoo, and MSN.

I'm guessing you finally got a cable modem?

i used gabber for the longest time, but then it just wouldn't work anymore. it would never log in to the msn servers...i'm guessing MS got privy to what was going on and wouldn't allow it. i tried to use wine to run the execute of msn messenger in linux but that wouldn't work either, it generated errors before i could even install it. i've never tried everybuddy but i might give it a shot.

btw, what is your email addy or screen name for msn david?

mine is [email protected] if you want to talk

I tried downloading Imici but I can't seem to work it :confused:
Everybuddy wont compile :(

Gaim is quite nice, it has plugins to handle MSN, AOL, ICQ and YAHOO etc. It works well for me. Gabber is a pain in the arse to compile (for me anyway)

Back