• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Airflow Help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

I have a reletivly small case. 3-5,1/4bays, 3-3,1/2 bays, one fan mount (80mm) on front bottom of case but front bezel has very small intake and 80mm mount on rear top below PSU there is no room for any fans above the PSU and the PSU only has one intake for air which is toward the drive bays.
What would be the best layout for my fans?

P.S.-I am up to any number or type of fans or any method of cooling as long as it is watercooling because my case is too small and wallet to thin. I have a ALPHA PAL8045 HS with a OCZ Smart Fan on it.

Good heatsink, so you are Ok there. AS for airflow I would suggest cutting out the fan grills on the case, those things are majorly restrictive most likely. I dremeled them out of my friends case and his temps actually dropped like 5 C!!! You can use a dremel or tin snips in some cases. If you still want more flow you could cut a top blowhole or a side blowhole over the PCI cards. but I've always thought these were a little extreme.

Josh

You can use tin snipes but if you want a good finish you use a hole saw.A side fan will make all the difference 5-10*C :p

fans

I already cut out the fan grill for the upper back fan. Right now i am thinking that i just need a bigger case to be able to put on more fans. However, before I started tring to get this case cool i started making a briefcase PC because they look so stylish, but that case will probably be alot hotter so I am gonna put on 3 92mm on the side blowing in over the vid card and ducted onto the HS, and then more for exhaust on the top of the case.

Back