• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celly 533 slower @ folding than PII 266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrismacan

I have a PII 266 with 64 meg RAM and WIN98SE.

I also have a Celly 533 (66Mhz) with 128 meg RAM and XP PRO.

The celly takes 1 hour 23 min per frame on a protein A while the PII takes 1 hour 18 min for the same.

What is happening here. Am I missing something.

I looked to see what I could kill on XP and there are only 17 processes running...

Any Ideas:confused: :confused:

It could be a program running in the background. How are you getting the times? If it is from Fold Monitor and either the cF@H program got turned off or the computer got tured off or you used the computer, All of these can effect the times FoldMonitor puts out. Anbother thing I thought 256 was the minimum amount of memory for Win XP Pro. I have heard that XP is a resource hog if you do not have enough resources which could be part of your problem. Good luck!!!!!

Thanks Kendan,

According to MS the min memory for XP Pro is 64. Like it will work with that little. They recommend 128.

I have NO other programs running in the background. Went through all the processes that are running and they all seem to be necessary.

I am getting the times from each machine directly. Through the text concole. I am using the difference between the time the frame starts and the time it ends.

I think maybe I go back to WIN98 on the celly.

Back