• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny thing happened on the way to class. . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Istari1

Heres a story for ya guys. I had a presentation today in one of my classes and i decided to do it on advantages of switching office workstations to watercooling (mainly noise considerations). Anyway so I lugged my box and all with the WC setup still inside it, did my presentation then lugged it back (I have an Antec tower case...hehe..damn thing is heavy). So some of you may have heard be whinning about how sucky my temps have been with my new Maze 3, up to 50 C full load, 45 Idle. Well heres a new pic of my temps after lugging my box around all day.

Josh

The system temp is pretty much ambient in this room, and thats full load (Prime95 after 4 hours). HAHAHA. My only guess is I had some huge air bubles in my system somehow (I could swear I shook the thing all over and got them all out...) Anyway this is ALOT better. Thats a 7C decrease in load temps. It idles at about 37 now also. Geeze I feel like an idiot. Thanks for all those who tried helping me too.

Josh

Ah, live and learn. At least it's working good for you now.

I found that the big culprit (at least in mine) is the heatercore. That thing'll hold onto so much air, you're only using half of it.

hehe nice luck

welll first off id like to say that it is really cool that you got lucky like that. i mean sweet **** dude. but i am soon investing in an antec case one of the mid towers with the door. i plan on sanding it and painting it titanium white soon after i would like to water cool it, add a window on the door side like ocjasons case, and a red light inside and on the bottom. that way it will have "street glow" like a car i think it is cool plus the neons will be red.

p.s. acid etching is extreamly easy all you have to do is goto a craft store and buy a kit for plastic. dont pay to mail a window just etch it yourself.

hmm... once i get my rig setup, i just might put it in the back of my mothers van and drive over some big bumps!!! that or i will have a parade and cary my case all around the house... my dad will really think i have lost my mind :D :D :D

you are hilarious

good luck i would say the parade would be a cooler idea and may help more(make sure you jump around with the case!!!) lilke run up and down the steps with it.

p.s. i would play britney spears or nysnc (ya know homo gay stuff) while i was having a parade. make your dad go to the doctors or even better make your dad take you to a physcologist. hehe just my sick demented twisted thoughts.

Back