• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Using Mushkin pc3000 yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Well i used to have mushkin pc2400 with my 8kHA and a tbird 1.33 that would do 165 mhz FSB on cas 2 all turbo settings.

165 was teh board limit due to only a 1/4 divisor. Well i upgraded to an xp1900 and mushkin pc3000, using the same 8kHA and still i only get 165 mhz FSB that is fine to me becuase im at a 10.5x over the previous 9x on my tbird.

I have a 8k3A on the way so i will be able to use alot higher FSB that i currently have. Just wondering what kinds speeds people are getting that are using this memory.

Id like to see between 180-185FSB seeing as this is a good brand mem and rated at 183/366 DDR speeds. if i can get 180 cas 2 all turbo id be tickled pink. But truthfully id like to see if i can get 200 FSB and just lower the X to 9.

Whatever speeds i get i will run at cas2 all turbo-4 way interlave, 1t commadn rate. Anyone get close to this

Jason I have been looking around lately for ram that can do 200 MHz lowest timings. On my P4 at 145 FSB and the 4:5 ram divisor for 181 MHz I'm already getting 2700 MB/sec in sandra with 2.5,3,3 timings. With my old bios I was only able to run the ram at 145 MHz and lowest timings for 2200 MB/sec. I have a fealing that better ram will do the P4 a lot of good. The Mushkin PC3200 looks like great ram but its very expensive. The PC3000 Mushkin seems like a much better deal. From the reviews I have seen it looks like Samsungs PC2700 is one of the best you can get. The samsung is actually rated PC2700 non overclocked speed. I think I'll either go with the PC2700 Samsung or the PC3000 Mushkin. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I just ordered some PC3000 Mushkin! The Samsung was cheeper but I wanted heat spreaders and shipping was a little more so I decided to go Mushkin. Actually both sticks use the same chips but supposedly the mushkin is hand picked. I'll let you know how it goes. I need this stuff to run 181 MHz with fastest timings at 2.5v.

please let me know how it does, adn what board/ timings you have it at. i just wanna know how fast it will go at cas2 all turbo at whatever voltage is needed.

Back