• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free CGI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cypher720

what website has unlimited use of cgi scripts that is completely free. i use netfirms because im low on cash, but i found out they have a limit! thanks in advance

cypher

How hard was it to host it yourself. I was thinking about doing that, but I couldn't figure out how to do the cgi stuff on my on host.

it took me a LONG time to set up. I was working with another guy over the internet. Its not hard now that i know what to do. I used Apache. if you are using CGI, you have to change the line in the beginning of the script. First, you must download perl for apache. then you change the line to c:/perl/bin/perl.exe...or wherever you installed it to

I didnt think it was that hard. the main trouble I had was I needed a couple extra addons for perl to run the thing I was playing around with(ikonboard). that was what took the longest for me... for me it took longest just downloading the junk LOL

Back