• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good ddr board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

ok guys as the post says im looking for a good DDR board... i might buy it now or in a few weeks but i would like to know what u guys think first..

MUST BE ABLE TO BE volt moded..

MUST BE ABLE TO OC FSB AND MULTI

MUST have the 4 holes around the ziff (or cpu socket)

MUST have onboard sound.

and if possible but not a biggy have one ISA slot.

um thats all i can really think that i might need..

thanx in advance for replys

Epox 8K3A. Good on all counts save for the volt mod ( I am sure one can be done but why). It will do 2.2v through the bios and I do not think you really want much more than that. I did run 2.33v on my T-bird but you won't find many doing that. 2.2v works real well. You also get 1/5 divisors and 1/2 agp divisor. Good board.

I would really want the 1/5 pci divisor, the 2.2v and the agp divisor as well as some descent voltage to the ddr.

so the Epox 8K3A would be the best?

whats the diff between the Epox 8K3A and the Epox 8K3A+ ?

and about the price.. i and a good feel of the prices and then i will pick the best price range... i would say 150 to 160 MAX since i also have to buy some good DDR ram..

btw i know this Q should go in the ram section but whats a good DDR memory?

the + has raid.

yes the epox would be the best choice, i would just buy a fan for the north b if i were you :)

crucial :)

im new to ddr ram so this is a very newbish Q

whats the diff between the numbers

2100 2700 etc?

are those how fast they are?

im sure they are not the fsb but then what are they?

anyone know if the 8k3a has room for my 8045 alpha? i hear epox is known for having a fairly tight amount of room around the socket.. or zif

Iwill XP333R

1/5 and 1/6 dividers
2.0v vcore w/o mods
2.8 vmem w/o mods
alpha 8045 friendly
super stable
excellent southbridge
very good on board sound

Seen many reports running 190-200 fsb range with perfect stability. Been very impressed with this board. Had more then my fill of VIA pci issues, finally able to use all my pci cards again. Highly recommend.

Ozzman said:
im new to ddr ram so this is a very newbish Q

whats the diff between the numbers

2100 2700 etc?

are those how fast they are?

im sure they are not the fsb but then what are they?

They are the theoretical bandwidth of the RAM. PC2100 has a theoretical bandwidth of 2.1 GB/s, while PC2700 has a theoretical Bandwidth of 2.7 GB/s. for PC2700 to run at it's full potential, you need to run a board running a KT333 chipset or equivalent. If you run PC2700 in a lower-end board (KT266a) it gives you more headroom for FSB overclocking.

hmm thanks that helped....

also anyone know if a epox kt3a can fit a pal 8045?

Back