• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My XP rig is going in for operation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walaka7

Welll gang, the time has come.. I will be taking my XP rig offline in next few minutes for dissassembly.. I will be performing anti- condensation measures required for extreme cooling.. The fridge is outside.. the cooler is full (40/60 glycol based coolant) The fridge and pump have been running for a couple of hours chilling the mixture down the hoses and wiring have been run through the wall and of course i have the hoses looped until ready for install..

Wish my XP 1900 luck,, for it is in the hands of a newbie who just doesn't know when to quit ..

I would like to say thanks, in advance to all the knowledge put up here and other forums that have thus far kept me from screwing things up too much.. I would name names but the list is long and quite distinguish

I will update tonight :)

Good luck Walaka7 and keep us updated on how it goes. Sounds like a lot of work. Hope it pays off with lotsa WUs.

May the Fold be with you (just finished watching Star Wars, couldn't help myself)

Well it booted (after scaring me to death with beeps of death)
I didnt seat one of the rams right.. My raid 0 is intact all seems well.

However im not happy with cooling results
First off i had to back of temps imediatly because condensation was building up on rubber hoses (i should have known this was going to happen).. So i backed the temp up to 60*F (started at 50).. Second, top of my proc is 82*f and the core is 94*.. I was hoping for better results.. But for mow im just happy i didnt screw anything up LOL. I will say though, that this mod did drop the room temp near my puters by taking load outside :) .. man im tired.. been up for 2 days.. need a couple of :beer: then im off.. I will post more info tomorow and will try to get some pics up as well

I recently did water. Refridgeration is faaaaaaaaar off.

Good luck solving the condensation problem. You can do it. :) and we definitely need pics.

I ran into a few problems. I will have to redisign the fridge as the capacity is too small (it is able to maintain temp but wont drop unless in middle of night) and will burn out running 20+ hours/day
Also i exceeded my waterblocks potential to cool the proc.. I am using the original block that came with the Koolance rig.. WHen i was just using the wetter, the temp tranfer was ok.. now im running 40/60 glycol and the heat transfer is far less than adaquate.. As far as pics, it will probably take a few days for me to get things lined out in work, life, and my rigs.. but i will post as soon as i can.. thx again for your support :clap: that and a little :beer: has helped keep my focus on things

Back