• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Briefcase mod...a real working one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shayne

Registered
Heres a Lanbox I put together with spare parts...xcept the LCD that is....its an XP1600 512DDR on a Abit NV7m mobo
It has GeForce 2 onboard which games excellently...also the LCD has an cherry refresh...I play UT at 1024 x 768....flawlessly
Its a "SYS" 15" mainlined into power supply...it is a regular desktop LCD "not from a laptop"
I wanted to share this becouse it was easy to do
as long as you are one with the Dremel God...
stick it with a wireless keyboard and mouse and your set..

Excellent work Shayne!!! I sure wish I had those kinds of "spare parts" laying around!!! Seriously though, great idea.....but even better workmanship!!! That is one bad-*ss LANbox!

haha I LOVE THAT

I was going to do something like that but I couldnt find a lcd monitor thats off a laptop, also how did you hook the LCD monitor to your video card? does it have the same connector that a normal monitor has?

Thats really nice. I have seen some other like that around the internet they are really cool! Wish I had the money to make that the screen must have been a lot of money..

Warlord2 said:
haha I LOVE THAT

I was going to do something like that but I couldnt find a lcd monitor thats off a laptop, also how did you hook the LCD monitor to your video card? does it have the same connector that a normal monitor has?

Actualy it looks like a standard LCD, not one from a laptop, it just has it casing stripped off, It is connected by a standard VGA cable, from the back of the lcdmonitor and right to the mobo.

OY

There is doubt among you...."Rezman5".....Im at work so I cant prove I did it...why would anyone lie about something like this...I put hours into this mod...Im using it now...the LCD is a regular desktop LCD so it uses a standard cable...I shortened it as well as the power cable...the power cable goes inside the power supply and hooks directly to the input.
The LCD is a SYS lcd check it on Ebay..same one I used

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2021356292

heres the cases I won to make it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&showTutorial=0&ed=1015557234&indexURL=0&rd=1

it was one of the few that can handle gaming...just jamming SpiderMan on it..what a fun a$$ game.....if anyone wants more pics of a specific area or info let me know I would like to see more people make these...so I can get ideas on my next one :)

I want to make something like this out of my current computer, when i upgrade to a new system. but that wont be for atleas 10 months.

un believers....I will stick money in front of it...or how about a fork or spoon or something...any requests

How bout the forums with this post on the display ? :) Would that cure your disbelief everyone ?

Man this place used to have such an honor system.

J :cool:

sounds good...I also modded it some more since these pics...
I added a blow hole on top and usb in the front...also added a small grill in the lower right for the wireless keyboard and mouse signal to get through...it was choppy before the hole becouse the aluminum blocked the signal.

I, for one, believe you. Nice mod man. Very well done. I've seen things like this before, but this is probably the prettiest one I've seen.

Speaking of the possibility of using a laptop LCD, I have one laying around. Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone have any idea how this would work or how to do it?

Back