• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project-First mod (need a window design)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well my case will be painted chrome

i wanna have a more original name but i cant think of anything lol

*UPDATE*

Yup finished the head (sorta) and started an arm and got one done

headdonebackside9yt.jpg

headdonefar6yn.jpg

headdoneupclose5yu.jpg

but it looked funky cuz the whiskers? on the dragons chin were too dam big so i bondoed and im gonna try it again

what u mean? cutting on the inside or the outside?

its better to cut on the inside because if u scratch somethin no one will see, as compared to cutting on the outside

it shouldnt matter really, with a file the cuts will get cleaned either way

dam my dremel is diein!!!!!!!!!!!

At least i think it is, when i first turn it on, at speed 1 it barely moves, and as i turn the speed up it takes a while for it to get up to speed. I was trying to cut (highest speed) and it wouldnt be able to keep it constant. It would jerk and stuff and i dont even think it was running at max speed. So is it dieing or what?

How much are what dremel multipros? im using my dads craftsman rotary tool, and it works better than my dremel, its alot quieter, and all the attachments i have (flex shaft and that one guide thingy) are for it so ya but my dads gonna want me to buy a new dremel so ya.

I have the Black & Decker version of the Dremel, and it has never failed me. A friend of mine borrowed it once, and I got it back packed full of dirt, scraped to death, and partially covered in several hard substances. I cleaned it off(not out, just off), and tried it to see if it worked, and it worked just as good as the day I got it.

Best of all, it's usually about $20 cheaper than a compareable Dremel model :D

WOOT!!!!!!!

I won my psone lcd!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8177042979&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

HAHAHA i bid last night (12 hours left) and i put 33 as my max, came home from school to see if i won. What do ya know i lost, some guy won it for 40 bucks. So ii was sad sorta. Then i checked my e-mail a few minutes later and i got an ebay e-mail. It said the guy who won couldnt pay or somethin so it was like 2nd chance offer or somethin, either the guy couldnt pay or the seller had a duplicate item. But anyways i read the e-mail, it said its available for purchase at 33 bucks, so i was like meh, i cant go over that, then i saw BUY IT NOW!!!!!!! so i was like SH*T and rushed over and bought it lol. Now i gotta pay and ship it to my friends house wooot!

too bad i missed out on one for 31 and less shipping, i feel so dumb cuz i could have won it for that much, but i didnt know i could make a bank account paypal since the seller didnt accept credit card PP

o well

KK people, bull **** time

I lost my job :sigh:

My manager supposedly said (shes my aunt sorta) that the other people who work there (cooks and all them) are jealous cuz i get payed more than them, 5 bucks an hour plus tip, waiters make 2.50 plus tip lol i get 5

so ya supposdely there jealous, and they didnt like it so she thinks that they were makin me do all the work and stuff. All i did was wash dishes while waiting to clean up tables after a customer left. So if i didnt have dishes to do id end up sitting around and getting payed for doing nothing. SO anyways i think that shes bull ****ting me and just fired me in a nice way what a *****

so ya no more money, she still owes me 25 bucks though

im just wondering, how will you connect the ps1 screen? doesn't it use that old aerial port to connect it to a ps1? How will you overcome this?

*Update*

KK heres from like 3-4 days ago or so

dragonnotdone20zs.jpg

dragonnotdoneclose2dq.jpg

dragonnotdoneback9rl.jpg

My re-done psx controller port

portfar5tp.jpg

portnocontroller5am.jpg

portwithcontroller3ki.jpg

My door of my bezel, i think ill hot glue the mesh there
doorfar9kg.jpg

doorupclose9fp.jpg

doorupclose9fp.jpg

Now the dragon is complete (besides sanding it down so its not sharp and making the boy a bit rounder)

dragondone18vd.jpg

dragondoneoncase0fl.jpg

thats all for nowz

Help me figure out a window for the bottom part of the side panel

*Update*

ok well i can get a mirror finish pretty easily, just sand, and then use rubbing compound. you can still see scratches that im guessing is because i used 80 grit sand paper lol, but u gotta be upclose to see em, and its still pretty foggy, i guess because i emphasized sanding more on the middle part

heres some pics

drillfar6he.jpg

drillclose2cn.jpg

drillandcamera6nv.jpg

craftsman8bu.jpg

penny0ad.jpg

rightguard0qc.jpg

rightguard28ra.jpg

now i only did that little section, i WOULD LOVE to do this to my whole case (but paint the bezel because u cant polish that) BUTTTTTT!!!!!! i used BONDO!!!!!!!! dammit, i used it on the mouth of the dragon and obviously i cant get a mirror finish on that section then. So i have to paint it dammit. It sucks cuz painting will take like 2 weeks. Sanding that lil section to look like that took 30 minutes, and its around the same quality asside from the scratches, but thats because i used 80 grit sand paper dammit!!!

man im sad now that i gotta go paint it

You could always do something like polish a section, and mask it off in your chosen name for the computer, then paint everything, and remove the masking, then clear coat everything.

*UPDATE*

KK well i cut my side panel up, i guess im done with it (other side panel)

drawup8lo.jpg

Cut my 120mm blow hole for the cpu
blowholecut1ru.jpg

As you can see the blow hole doesnt match up with the hole on the mobo tray
japsymbolandblowhole1ph.jpg

i was retarded and the hole on the tray i didnt measure right, so im just gonna widen the hole on the tray as much as i can. So ill have a big useless hole on my mobo tray :(

Also...........................

I got my psone lcd on saturday, $30 shipped, 18 bucks plus12 shipping. Thanx Iamgoodyy from Bit-tech.net!!

nice box, lets open it up
psonelcdbox4qc.jpg

Screen and adapter
psonelcdcontents5pm.jpg

Woot my desktop
psonedesktop4at.jpg

Pshh, i dled along came polly off someones comp at the lan party on friday (18th) and woot its jennifer anistons ***
psone21pb.jpg

thats all for now

Anybody know how to hook it up to a molex without buying the Sony car adapter? could i use this thing?

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=CLP-59&type=store

So i could attach the part youd plug into the cell phone to the lcd, and what just cut off the cigarette lighter plug and attach a molex?? wouldnt that just be a straight connection to the psu?

edit: BTW the screen isnt hooked up to vga yet, i just hooked it up through composite using the composite cable thing from my camera

Cool :thup: ... the dragon in the top section is a nice touch. Have something like that in
mind for my left side panel. Except I started with the bottom window first and made it
big & basic so you could see the system guts.

> "Anybody know how to hook it up to a molex without buying the Sony car adapter? could i use this thing?" <

What are the unit's power requirements? ... voltage - amperage?

BTW .... if you are looking to buy another Dremel you might consider an alternative
if you have the cash, and plan to do this kind of work often. The dremel is OK
for small jobs. But it has no torque for larger jobs.
Much better to get a jeweler's flex shaft, or even better use pneumatics (air tools)
Either will take the same tools as a dremel and have multitudes more power. = less time & effort. :)

Last edited:
ya, i dont really use it outside of modding and i probly wont mod for a while after i finish

but ya the lcd needs 7.5 v and like 3 amps i think (the adapter says 3 anyways) but ya i tried hooking it up to the 12v and the 7v, dont work. Ill just use the wall outlet

Im gonna mount the adapter and solder wires to the prongs on the plug, and then run the extension cord i soldered to it through the case and plug it in

Back