• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project-First mod (need a window design)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya its called disposable grill topper (great for grilling meats, fish, seafood, and vegtables) i got it from walmart lol

This is amazing, you're my age (give or take a few months) and you've inspired me to mod my case (which is conincidentally the same as yours) with blowholes.

Q) Are the blowholes exaust or intake?

there exhaust, if they were intake i dont think they would do much for cooling because there so high up

glad ive inspired you :D

If I do, I'm gonna put only one 120mm in; it's enough for me.

Unless I throw one on the window!

hmm i think i may do this possibly for the top window

except i also have a window in the same position on the other side panel, so you see right through the case. Then i dunno what to put on the bottom half and on the bottom half of the other side

ya i dont know what to do with my blue 120mm fan, i COULD put it in the front but i dont know if i wanna go through the trouble of switching out the bottom 2 80 mm holes and not only that but i wont really be able to fit the bottom hard drive holder, so i dunno

Ok I got some of the that mesh :) now when you cut the part out did you cut every thing out or did you leave the little stand off pieces?

i cut everything except those that are in the pics, because i use them to hold my lcd, but ya otherwise i cut everything out, it took FOREVER!

If you don't want the 120mm fan, I'll buy it from you if you'd like. I need one now. I'm planning to mimic some of your ideas in a general sense. I picked some handles up at Home Depot today, along with a dremel *ooh I feel a future of modding coming on* and some reinforced discs (ironically the same type as yours in the same amount), so hit me up if you want to get rid of the fan.

lol well all renforced discs are usually the same :D

what handles did you get? hehe dont copy my ideas TOO much man :)

anyways ill probly use that fan since its the only 120mm fan i got with leds, and i dont have many fans with leds lol sry

Heh, I'm just kidding. I was gonna buy a case with handles, but I didn't, so I threw the idea to attach some, then I saw this thread. And it's cool. Just offering. If you don't wanna, that's ok.

hey i have the mid-tower version of that case and im wondering if you could tell us(me) how you got the bevel off, and how your gonna get it back on.
Edit:
and by bevel i mean the plastic part in front

bevel! anyways if you look inside the case, there should be tabs sticking out, just push those down and stuff, on the top, theres some pin type things (like not safety pin but big fat pins) that you push out, the top is kinda hard to take off. i cant explain it too well lol

but ya i put it on by just placing the tabs into the corresponding holes and just push it in and then up to lock it

the top curve of the mesh?

i just left the edge straight first, bent it a bit then i just cut it so it fits the curve

if you still need pics ill get some later

OK i think i may have gotten a window, what ya think?

dragonwindow5et.jpg

Hows it look? I good do the dragon on the top side, or i can do the 2 rounded rectangle windows on both side panels so you can see right through the case, and the dragon on the middle/bottom of the right side (the side where u see the back of the mobo)

ya so either like in the pic, or the 2 round/rectangles on both side panels and the dragon on the non mobo looking side

what ya think? How exactly could i cut the dragon? i doubt i can do it with a big cutting disc, do i use this?

080596010621_4.jpg

or like one of these tungsten carbide cutters?
080596099015_4.jpg

080596099039_4.jpg

is that right?

so ya what do i use and should i put the dragon like in the pic, or on the other side panel and do top rectanges on both sides, and figure out another window for the mainside?

if i do the dragon like in the pic, what will i do on the other side panel?

Oh man, that dragon is beautiful. Use the cut guider, I believe. I'm not sure, but i think that's the right tool for the job.

Oh man, I smell success.

Back