• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i install driver for motherboards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EventzHorizon

Recently, i went to look at my device manager and noticed that i didn't have a driver installed for my motherboard. So i went online to get a driver for it (motherboard is K7VZA). The file downloaded was just a .BIN file... dunno how to use it, or where to put it.

How am i supposed to install it?
i tried using my driver from the cd that came with it but it just caused me problems... couldn't find a file for it in the cd but now on every startup, i keep getting the new hardware found window. If i cancel it, it says "problems while installing new hardware" or somewhere along the lines of that.

I'd really like to install the driver for the mobo. I'd appreciate very much for any help on this... Thank you.

That .bin file probably is a bios file. You need a program to "flash" it. Follow the instructions on ECS site. Only do it if you understand what you are doing.
The drivers are all there also. Those you need are the Via 4in1 and sound.
Wellcome to the forums and keep posting.

Back