• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP shutdown takes so LONG!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea, it does take a little longer sometimes, and much longer some other times. I don't know why is it happening tho, I only know it does, so u'r not a lone :p

It doesn't matter.

You don't need to use your computer after shut down, so there is no reason to wait. Just do something else instead of look at the screen to wait it shut down.

There is some Reg hacks you can do to make Xp shut down faster .. They work also .. let me get the link and ill post it !

Hey, thanks a lot! I think I'm going to do it. I'll get back to you fellas on how it goes...

The Coolest said:
Yea, it does take a little longer sometimes, and much longer some other times. I don't know why is it happening tho, I only know it does, so u'r not a lone :p

odd, exact thing goin on here.i swear my last reboot took 3 minutes.

-Malakai

3 Minutes?? damn it that's slow. You can change the timeout in the registry - i.e. the time it just waits until it decides to actually shut it down.
Microsoft put it high so that you wouldn't want to leave their operating system.

well, i was bein sarcastic, i doubt its longer than 20 seconds.

it just feels longer though

-Malakai

Cooler666 said:
3 Minutes?? damn it that's slow. You can change the timeout in the registry - i.e. the time it just waits until it decides to actually shut it down.
Microsoft put it high so that you wouldn't want to leave their operating system.

Lmao

Garfield said:
I changed it in the registry, and now it's perfect! Thanks a lot for that link...

What reg. setting did you choose? I had mine set to 4000, but the link above said something about 200.

Back